Cyber security is a broad term encompassing the different measures that help in protecting networks and computers from harm. Virus threats, spyware and keystroke logging programs exist in the recent times, and these are things that call for protection. For increasing awareness regarding cyber security attacks, dfars 252.204-7012 – NoMotion Cyber Security Training Centers are endorsing National Cyber Security Awareness Programs. These programs are being conducted for bringing attention to the shared liability of cyber security. Everything that the world has come to know about cyber security is that hackers have become more of a threat than what they were earlier. Huge, companies like AOL, eBay, and Microsoft, have been the victims of cyber security breaches in the recent times. So, if you are laid back about your online habits, then this is the time for you to change your habits. Some tips that can help you in preventing cyber security attacks are as follows:
- Ensure that you have unique and super strong passwords. This means that you must have passwords that cannot be guessed very easily. The best way of coming up with an innovative password is brainstorming a casual sentence. Try taking the first letter of each word in the sentence and use this acronym for creating the base of the password. Refrain from using similar passwords for different services. This is because doing so can leave your digital life susceptible to attacks.
- One of the most obvious suggestions in preventing cyber security attacks is carefully reviewing credit card statements as soon as you receive them. However, reviewing the statements once during the month means that it will take you 29 days to notice any fraudulent activity. Therefore, it is wise to come up with a specific day of the week for reviewing your credit card statements. If you suspect anything in your credit card statement that is questionable while reviewing the statement, try investigating immediately and determine where it is something related to your authorized purchase.
- The malware of the hackers take a peek into the private files of users, take personal and credit card information and then sneak out conveniently. What you can do is get hold of the best Identity Protection Company for monitoring your social security number, credit cards, and other important data for a certain fee.
- Try avoiding all kinds of spams and scams. Always question the legitimacy of social networking messages and emails that request for personal information and money. Legitimate businesses never contact users for verifying their accounts.
- Public profiles on the social networking sites put a lot of risk on the users by exposing personal information like hometown, date of birth and employment history. This information can easily be used by a scammer. Therefore, you must always make it a point to make use of privacy settings for ensuring that your data is not in public knowledge.
Hopefully, by following these tips, your data or information is never received or hacked by the cyber thieves.